Frequently Asked Questions
How To Apply
- Can I receive a LifeMiles Visa Card without being a LifeMiles Member?
Yes. If you do not currently have a LifeMiles Member Number, one will be assigned to you. All of your LifeMiles will accumulate to one LifeMiles account.
- Can I use my spouse's LifeMiles Member Number to apply for a LifeMiles Visa Card?
No. The primary LifeMiles Visa Cardholder's name must match the LifeMiles Member name and associated LifeMiles number. However, if you would like additional cards for a family member, you can request to add authorized signers to your account.
- Do I need a Social Security to apply for a LifeMiles Visa Card?
- How long will it take to receive my Card?
- Do I earn rewards with the LifeMiles Visa Card?
Yes! You earn LifeMiles with every net purchase that can be redeemed for flights and upgrades on Avianca and TACA Airlines.
- What are the other benefits from the LifeMiles Visa Credit Card?
- Earning Power
Use the LifeMiles Visa Card for all purchases from airline tickets to hotels to gas and groceries to big-ticket items like computers and home furnishings to monthly recurring charges (mortgage, utilities, daycare services, or tuition).
- Automatic Bill Payments
Pay all of your bills with your Card. Contact merchants or service providers for exact details and acceptance.
Learn more about Automatic Bill Payment.
Pay your LifeMiles Visa Card bill from any checking or savings account in the United States. Learn more about AutoPay.
- Free Internet Banking
Enroll to view transactions, make a payment, request convenience checks or balance transfers, or set-up account alerts. Learn more about Free Internet Banking.
- Do I need to transfer Miles earned on my LifeMiles Visa card to my LifeMiles account?
- Are there limits to earning LifeMiles on the LifeMiles Visa Card?
There are no Mileage caps on LifeMiles Visa Cards.
Basic Card Facts
- What's the difference between a LifeMiles Visa Signature Card and a LifeMiles Visa Card?
View the Card Comparison page for more details on the LifeMiles Cards.
- Can I only use the LifeMiles Visa Card for purchases with Avianca and TACA Airlines?
- Can I use the LifeMiles Visa Card for instant cash at ATMs?
Yes. You can use your LifeMiles Visa Card for cash advances at ATMs that accept Visa Credit Cards. Cash advances do not earn Mileage.
- Is the APR competitive?
- Why is there an annual fee on LifeMiles Credit Cards when I can get almost any card with no annual fee?
- Can I access my LifeMiles Visa Card account online?
Yes. Enjoy managing your account in the privacy of your own home or while you are traveling via the Internet. Learn more about Free Internet Banking.
- How do I change my Overlimit Coverage preferences?
- How can I merge two or more LifeMiles accounts that have my name on them?
If you want all your LifeMiles transactions and your LifeMiles balance in a single account, go to LifeMiles Help and complete the Accounts Merge Form.
- Is customer service available in Spanish?
Yes. Simply call 866-951-8221. When you call this number you will have the choice of connecting to a Spanish-speaking customer service representative or using the automated 24-hour voice response system. The voice response system allows you to access detailed information about your LifeMiles Visa account balance in English as well as in Spanish.
- Whom should I call with questions about my LifeMiles Visa Card?
Contact 24-hour Cardmember Services with any questions about your Card.
- How can I keep up-to-date on LifeMiles special fares and travel suggestions?
Go to LifeMiles.com to update your member Profile and subscribe to E-Mail Notifications.
- What steps can I take to help maintain good credit?
- How do I read my statement?
- How can I download files or view my online statements using Internet Explorer version 8?
- Go to: Tools > Internet Options
- Select the Advanced tab
- Scroll down to the Security section and uncheck 'Do not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk' setting