LifeMiles Visa Secured Card
Establish your credit in the U.S.1 and get closer to the ones you love.
Your rewards add up with every purchase:
- Earn 1 LifeMile for every net $1 you spend
- 10,000 bonus LifeMiles with your first card use2
- 15% Excess Baggage Redemption Discount on TACA Airlines3
- $500,000 Travel Accident Insurance4
- $0 Introductory Annual Fee for the First Year,† thereafter $25†
- You are protected with zero fraud liability5
- Emergency Card and Cash Replacement – Get a replacement card or emergency cash, usually within 24 hours, if you report your Card as lost or stolen4
- Easy Cash Access – Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) offers you easy cash access to your account at more than one million ATMs worldwide
- You haven't had the chance to establish credit yet in the U.S.
- You've had credit difficulties in the past, and you wish to re-establish a solid credit rating.
Are you still not sure if the LifeMiles Visa Secured Card is right for you? Learn more.
How it works:
- To fund your Secured Card, you can choose to:
- Fund online using your Checking or Savings Account
- Print an application and mail a Cashier’s Check or Money Order
- If your application is approved, we’ll send you a credit card with a credit line the same as your deposit.
- The deposit is used to open a U.S. Bank Savings account to ensure your card can be paid. The savings account is FDIC-insured, earns interest and won't be touched as long as your account remains open and in good standing.
- Purchases with the card are billed to you each month as with any credit card. You’re responsible for making at least your minimum payment by the due date; payments are not automatically deducted from your savings account.
- When you’ve managed all of your credit obligations responsibly consistently for 12 months, you’ll be well on your way to a strong credit standing, and we may be able to move you to an unsecured credit card product.